Daimler

Daimler-England-Logo

 

The Daimler Company Limited, until 1910 The Daimler Motor Company Limited, was an independent British motor vehicle manufacturer founded in London by H J Lawson in 1896, which set up its manufacturing base in Coventry.

The right to the use of the name Daimler had been purchased simultaneously from Gottlieb Daimler and Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft of Cannstatt, Germany. As of 2013, the brand appears to be dormant.

All the Daimler shares were purchased from BSA by Jaguar Cars in 1960. After the introduction of the Daimler DR450 new models used Jaguar bodies with Daimler grilles and badging.

Daimler remains in the ownership of Jaguar Cars which now belongs to Tata Group of India.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_Company

Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/~search=daimler

Links: